MatrikonOPC Software Licensing Procedures
For all Licensing, please remember to log on to Windows as a local administrator first!
There are two types of software licensing used by MatrikonOPC products from here on will be referred to as new and existing.
Please consult either of these guides for concise instructions including helpful screenshots. A summary for each system is included below.
Start here - Identify which MatrikonOPC Licensing system you have
The easiest way to identify which licensing system your MatrikonOPC product has is to look at the links provided in the Windows Start menu under Matrikon\OPC\<your product>.
The "existing system" will have a link called "MatrikonOPC Licensing Utility" whereas the "new system" will have a link called "License Wizard".
New Licensing System
To check licenses:
Open the "License Wizard" from the Windows Start Menu. If you are using Windows 7, Windows Server 2008 or later remember to right-click on the License Wizard shortcut and choose "Run as Administrator". Click "Check Licenses".
To apply a license:
On purchase of your MatrikonOPC product, the MatrikonOPC Licensing department will issue you a lock selector and activation key. You need to do the following to claim your license:
1) Open the License Wizard (located in the Windows Start menu under Matrikon\OPC\<your product>).
2) Enter the details in the window provided and click "Next >".
3) The Wizard will attempt to contact the MatrikonOPC Licensing server via the Internet. If successful, your software will become licensed and no further action is required. If unsuccessful, please proceed to step 4.
4) You have two options if the automatic process fails; Licensing via Webpage or Licensing via email. For either option, you need to choose the "Save..." option on the displayed window to generate a file called "summary.txt". Continue if you choose webpage, or skip to step 7 for email option.
5) If you choose the webpage option, please log on to http://opclicensing.matrikon.com and paste the information in from the file saved in step 4 (summary.txt is a text file and can be opened in Notepad). Choose "Request License Key" and a license will be generated for you. You can then use the "Save..." button to save your license file.
6) Go back to your License Wizard window and choose "Browse..." and select the file that you generated on the webpage. Choose "Next >" to apply your license. Your software should now be licensed. If you have any problems, please contact support at http://www.opcsupport.com.
7) If you chose the email option, please send your license.mtkl file to firstname.lastname@example.org. MatrikonOPC Licensing will generate a license for you and send it back to you. Note that there could be a 24 hour delay when using this method.
Existing Licensing System
To check licenses:
Open the "MatrikonOPC Licensing Utility" from the Windows Start Menu. If you are using Windows 7, Windows Server 2008 or later remember to right-click on the License Wizard shortcut and choose "Run as Administrator". Click "Check Licenses".
To apply a license:
This email will explain the steps required for your license to be sent in to MatrikonOPC for approval.
In order for your license to be permanently installed we need a file that is generated upon installation of your software.
1) Open the directory where your OPC Software is installed.
By default this is : c:\program files\Matrikon\OPC\<Your OPC Product>
2) In this directory there is an AuthorizeRequest.MTK file.
3) If there is no file by this name, please contact support at http://www.opcsupport.com for further instructions.
4) Please attach this file to an email, and address it to email@example.com.
5) Please include the transaction number included with your software in this email. It should be printed on your CD, or in the documentation sent to you upon your purchase.
6) If you do not know the transaction number or you have not purchased the software see below.
Assuming you are the end user please provide the following information so we can process your license in a timely fashion:
Product Requiring License for:
7) Please send this email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
When we receive this email, we will process your license and return you an Authorize.MTK file.
In order for you to process your newly acquired license please follow the steps below:
1) In the Start Menu click, 'Programs' -> 'Matrikon OPC' -> <Your Product Name> -> 'Matrikon Licensing Utility'
2) Under 'Select Licensing Option' choose 'License This Software'
3) Make sure that the 'Authorization File Path' is pointing to your recently acquired Authorize.MTK file.
4) If you are unsure of the path, please click the '...' button and browse to where your Authorize.MTK file is located.
5) Please click 'OK'.
6) Your license is now licensed.
*NOTE* - You can check the status of your license by choosing the 'Check Licenses' button.
*Should you require further information on moving a license, please see the De-Licensing procedure in the above licensing manual PDF document.